Born: October, 6
1948 in Palermo, Italy
Doctor's degree in Electronic Engineering (1975)
Assistant Professor: Microwave Techniques (1975 to 1980)
Courses taught: Principles and Applications of Lasers
(1979 to 1985)
Associate Professor: Electronics (since 1985)
Full Professor: Electronics (since 1990)
Currently teaching: "Photonics" and "Microtecnologies".
Head of the Department of Electrical, Electronics and
Telecommunications Engineering of the University of
Palermo, from 1st November 2004 to 31 October 2007.
Head of Electronic Engineering Academic Council:
1995-1998, 2007-2010, 2010-2013.
Visiting Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology: worked with professors H.A. Haus and E.P.
Ippen, in 1980 and Summer 1981.
Temporary Staff at Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, November 1986 to February 1987.
Group Leader, Palermo work units of Gruppo Nazionale di
Elettronica Quantistica e Plasmi (GNEQP) of Consiglio
Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) and of Istituto Nazionale
di Fisica della Materia (INFM).
In charge of local units for several National Projects,
sponsored by Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche and
Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Universita' e della
- Non-linear Optical Devices for 10.6 micron region
- Integrated Optics
- Laser Photochemistry
- Thin Films Fabrication and Characterization
- Laser Deposition
- Laser Photoablation
- Organic Light Emission Diodes
- Laser Diode Characterization.